Septic Tank Pumping in Yuma, AZ
If you suspect an issue and are in need of septic pumping in Yuma, AZ, then call (928) 597-1680!
What is Septic Tank Pumping?
Septic tank pumping is the process of removing waste built up in your tank over time. A septic tank can only hold so much solid waste or “sludge,” the layer of solid material that separates from the liquid waste which is able to drain from the tank. Typically, professionals remove that sludge and any other contents of your septic tank with powerful vacuum equipment.
It’s important to have your septic tank pumped regularly to avoid a plumbing disaster. Consulting with a professional is the best way to know exactly when to request septic tank pumping in Yuma, AZ. However, a good rule of thumb for a standard septic tank in a small household is every three to five years. Larger households, smaller tanks, or specialty tanks may require more frequent service.
Signs it’s Time to Have Your Septic Tank Pumped
If you own property with a septic tank and see any of the following symptoms, it’s time to call the team at Professional Home Doctors for assistance with septic tank pumping in Yuma.
- Vibrant, green grass growing over the site of the septic tank and drain field
- Rotten egg smells near the septic tank
- Standing water in the yard near the tank or drain field
- Gurgling pipes, especially after the toilet is flushed
- Slow or backed-up drains and toilets
- Sewage backing up into the drains in the bathtub, sinks, etc.
While any of the above may be annoying and uncomfortable, some more serious side effects of an over-full septic tank are also unsafe. When sewage leaks into your yard or backs up into your house, this may be a health hazard for you and your family, especially if it contaminates water used for cooking and drinking.
How to Keep Your Septic Tank Clean
Beyond scheduling a septic tank cleaning in Yuma, AZ every few years, there are other things you can do to keep your septic tank in an ideal condition. This will minimize your need for septic tank pumping and generally make your home plumbing system more efficient.
- Limit solid waste. Certain types of solid waste are more likely to cause back-ups in the septic system. Products like wipes, paper towels, and tissues are likely to cause obstructions over time. It’s always a bad idea to flush or wash prescription medications down the drain, as they might leak into the soil. Other common household items that do not break down in water include coffee grounds and cat litter. All of these items should be thrown away rather than washed down the drain. It’s also a good idea to avoid putting too much down the garbage disposal if your home has a septic system. This reduces the amount of solid waste that ends up in your tank and lowers the likelihood that you’ll need septic tank pumping in Yuma more than once every three to five years.
- Don’t put certain liquid substances down the drain. Chemicals that claim to clean your septic tank, like those you might find at a hardware store, may do more harm than good to your septic system. Always consult with a professional before you use products like these.
- Reduce water usage. Overusing water causes the septic tank to fill up more quickly. This does not mean you need to stop showering or washing dishes, but rather that you may want to invest in high-efficiency fixtures, like faucets and toilets. It’s also smart to fix any leaks right away.
- Keep above ground water away from the drainfield. If your yard is prone to flooding after rain or your drainfield – the part of the septic system where waste liquid is processed and drained – is located in a place where above ground water tends to drain, you’ll need to find ways to keep water from pooling above the drainfield.
Next time you need septic tank pumping in Yuma, AZ, give Professional Home Doctors a call at (928) 597-1680. We guarantee quality service with top-of-the-line equipment.
Here is what our happy customers have to say
When your home is sick, we have the right prescription!
Water Damage Restoration, Fire Restoration, Remodeling Services as well as Bathtub and Countertop Resurfacing. Any trouble your home is having, get in touch!
FILL OUT FORM BELOW
SCHEDULE SERVICE TODAY